2012 June/July News
Happy Summer everyone!
It’s been forever ago since I wrote to all of you by email. Some of you have even written to me asking what’s been happening. I’ve been posting all the news on my blog so if you haven’t been following please do so. http://www.primitivepiecesbylynda.blogspot.com You can also see the postings on my Primitive Pieces by Lynda facebook page. Time seems so precious these days, so doing every thing just ONCE makes a big difference.
I have been working on my new book, magazine projects, and the Women’s Cancer project that is near and dear to my heart.
* I have a new book coming out in September which will be published by theKansas City Star……I can hardly wait for you to see it. And, as soon as I get the completed cover and word from them that I can share it with you, you’ll be the first to see it. Then, I’ll post it on my blog, and my home page of my website. The subject is my very favorite time of the year - “CHRISTMAS” - but there are a few twists and turns along the way. I hope you will enjoy making the quilts and wool project in it.
* I will again be in the Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine – Winter – issue. I didn’t do anything for the last issue and for the next issue, but watch for the winter issue to arrive. I will also have a project in the spring issue of next year. And, a very special thank you to all of you that have written to me saying you missed my presence in the magazine! That really did mean a lot to me!
* I’m teaching at Primitives of the Midwest this month, June 20-23. This could be my last year doing this retreat, so if possible I’d love to see you there. If you can’t make it to the retreat, the projects I’m teaching there are being offered as patterns. You can pre-order them today. They won’t be listed on my website until I return, but if you want to be the first to have them, write to me and I’ll send you a paypal invoice.
- Snowman pillow case, left (watch for this to be a seasonal pattern – so more to come!)
- Let’s Ride, middle
- Advent Calendar, right
* I just finished up with the Block Party 2012-13 Project for Women’s Cancer. I received 552 quarter blocks from all around the world. It was an amazing amount of blocks to stitch together. 5 huge quilts were produced and are now on their way to the machine quilters for them to do their magic. A very special thank you to everyone that got involved in this project. I can’t wait to post the quilt pictures when they are all together. Again, these will be posted on my blog.
* Primitive Pieces by Lynda is going GREEN …..Postage prices keep going up and it’s not fair that it costs so much to send one $10.00 pattern over seas, when priority mail is $16.95 and a little less to Canada and Mexico. So I am offering E-Patterns to anyone that would like to get the pattern electronically.
The price will still be the same as if I mail it to you, but you will no longer have to pay the postage to get a hard copy in the mail. Hard copies will still be available if you would rather have them that way.
I strongly support quilt shops, so the e-pattern price will match what they are asking in their shop. If your local shop doesn’t carry my patterns encourage them to do so…..or at least ask them to special order for you. I trust they would be delighted to do that for such a good customer.
NOTE: Please remember, if you order an e-pattern, it comes with the same copy write restrictions as a hard copy pattern..
* I’m behind in posting on my website, I do apologize for that……time seems to be an issue. I’m working to correct the overflow so that I can communicate more with you.
* The monthly birthday drawing is coming to an end. The free pattern to someone each month isn’t the issue at all, but no one seems to be taking advantage of the 25% off during their birthday month. It’s a lot of work to keep up with this program, so I will start thinking of another game plan. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
* NEW PATTERNS - So many of you have asked me to make a pattern for the wool crazy pin cushions which are so much fun. I am finishing up a couple of new ones I want to include in the pattern. I hope they can be finished by the end of July and can be offered to you shortly after that.
* If you haven’t been to the website recently, please check out the pantry. There are one of a kind items for sale and there is one WABBITS kit left. (NOTE: this Wabbit kit background wool has been pieced. If you don’t mind that it is, let me know if you want it. First come-first serve basis.
The price stated on the website is $69.90 which includes the shipping…BUT, for pattern club members only it’s $62.91 (10%Back Door Friends Pattern Club disc.)
I will keep adding items as I’m being run out of my home! Thank you to everyone that is helpin me downsize!
Thanks for letting me catch up with you. Of course, you know as soon as I mail this to you, I’ll think of something else. Be sure to join/follow my blog. That’s where you can keep updated.
I hope you have a great summer…I’ll be stitching so hope you will be also.
Until next time, Hugs, Lynda
Back to Articles